[cvsnt] Latest CVSNT and Windows Server 2003?

Woellert, Kirk D. kirk.woellert at ngc.com
Fri Dec 19 14:10:52 GMT 2003

Hmmm.

I'm new to CVS.

>>Why don't you just use :sspi: (i.e. NTLM2 IIRC) or :gserver: (i.e.
Kerberos/AD) ?
So :sspi is easier? I'll give it a try. How do I support my Linux and Unix
users that are outside our corporate firewall? These guys WILL not develop
code on a Win platform. Absolutely refuse to do so.

>>Another secure alternative for non-Windows clients would be :sserver:
(i.e. SSL).
In regard to SSL, I can't a CVS client that actually supports SSL. Or maybe
the documentation I have is just poorly written. Yeah, I would love to use
SSL, should be more universal. Do you know of a client that supports it?

>>Also, running SSH for a CVS server on Windows has several issues,...
Is this in fact true? I have been logging in to CVSNT via the Cygwin server
for a few days now. The SSH mode is still password authentication, but it
seems to handling the protocol. So your telling me that even though the user
is "kdwoell", and even if I set NTFS pemissions such that "kdwoell" cannot
get CVS access to a particular folder, the SSH authentication takes
precedence and the NTFS permissions are ignored?