[cvsnt] No repository files after adding repository.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jul 30 23:28:02 BST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:23:05 +0200 (MEST), keinespams at gmx.de wrote:

>Gary,
>
>most probably everything works well, only window's file manager does not
>display files with attribute 'hidden' or 'system'. Enable this in the options
>dialog and you should see those files.
>
>This happens on the newer windows. Happend to me as well: Wanted to copy a
>whole repository to CD and all I got where the directories, no files.
>
>Hope this was the reason.
>
>Achim

Very strange,
I am running cvsnt 2.0.5 on an XP-Pro machine and when I use the
Control Panel applet for CVSNT to create a new repository it is
normally created and all files are put in CVSROOT just like they
should.
And they are *not* hidden or system, just readonly.

I really suspect that this guy has a problem with the security
settings not allwoing the creation of files in the repository tree.
Might be a policy setting that the IT department has put there.

/Bo Berglund