[cvsnt] Symantec Anti Virus

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 18:59:55 BST 2003

   It is impossible to run while Norton real-time checking is running?  Is
there anything I can do to modify the anti-virus s/w?  Is it a particular
version?  Can I test to see if our coporate version might work? Is there
another anti virus package that is compatable?
<<<<
I have ours set up to ignore all the CVS directories, and that seems to work
OK but my CVS server is very lightly used at the moment.

We are using Norton AV corp ed. 7.60.926 with File System Realtime prot
enables but "Exclude selected files and folders" with "Check file for
exclusions before scanning" and all the CVS repository & temp directories
excluded.  Note without the "check file for exclusion before scanning" NAV
would *still* scan the files... it just wouldn't block/log/fix anything.

Glen Starrett