[cvsnt] Latest on Virus Scan?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 17:58:29 BST 2003

Thanks Bo, I was afraid of that. So, here is what I'm
going to do: I'm going to design a robustness test
in perl that commits from one directory and updates to
<<<<
Tony has a modified version of the CVS stress script, I think it's called
"insanity" or similar.

It's stupid to run AV on the sever, but again
it's not my call. We have to live with the
drawbacks to enjoy the benefits of our
paranoid IS department :-)
<<<<
Maybe you should feed them more... tell them the only truly secure system is
completely unconnected in a metal cage (to prevent EM transmission /
reception)...  That is the ONLY way to be certain you won't get viruses.
And *BSD is worlds more secure than any windows platform anyway...  If they
are TRULY concerned with security, they should know not to layer more
software on a buggy OS, but to get a new OS that is secure by design.

On the other hand, if you do approach them with a reproducible problem with
McAfee then perhaps you can convince THEM to go to McAfee and demand a fix
for their inferior product.

Glen Starrett