[cvsnt] Repositoryprefix changes do not apply properly

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 12 08:09:58 BST 2003

I just discovered a strangeness in the CVSNT control panel applet:
Whan I change the prefix it leaves the individual repositories set as
before (with the earlier prefix). :-(
Example:
I used the prefix C:\CVSREPO with a number of repositories like:
/HW
/PC
/ADM
/TEST
all below the repository prefix.
Then I moved everything over to a new disk and used the control panel
applet to change the prefix to suit:
C:\CVSREPO -> D:\CVSREPO
but now the control applet reports my repositories as follows:
/HW -> (C:/CVSREPO/HW)
/PC -> (C:/CVSREPO/PC)
/ADM -> (C:/CVSREPO/ADM)
/TEST -> (C:/CVSREPO/TEST)
I guess the () means that the repositories now are invalid...

Why did not the change in prefix reflect on the repositories as well??
Now I have to delete and re-enter all of them again, would have been
much simpler if the prefix change did it all. And there is no "Edit"
button for the repository roots either.
Maybe a visit into the registry is the simples way out?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)