[cvsnt] Re: cvs edit without repository connection doesnt do local actions.

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Apr 19 08:33:45 BST 2004

Eliot wrote:
> So, the question becomes is the code or the documentation in error?
> My (already expressed opinion) is that it is the code.

I'm quite sure it's the documentation (and the source comments) that's
behind. From what I remember the problem here is that CVSNT nowadays
supports a server-side cvsrc file which might contain things like
entries to enforce Reserved Edits, like:

edit -c
commit -c

Thus, the client *has* to contact the server in order to make sure
there's nothing like that in cvsrc or, if there is, that noone else is
editing that file. Of course that's just an example. Any option given in
the server-side cvsrc should be honored by the client. Otherwise there'd
be no point in having something like that in the first place.

Cheer,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org