[cvsnt] Checkout of a tagged revision

Carl Zmola carl at membersonlysoftware.com
Tue Apr 27 20:33:16 BST 2004

Can someone tell me if the following is supposed to work?

I have a directory  c:\testprojects\p2 that is in a module testprojects
I have a tag on p2 "testtag"

I want to check this out.

in a different directory
cvs co -r testtag testprojects\p2

This complains about testtag not being a tag, but if I

cvs co testprojects\p2
cvs update -r testtag testprojects\p2\*

It seems to work.  Is this the normal way to do things?

 I am a little nervous about what this does for files that have been
added or removed between Head and testtag.

Thanks,

Carl