[cvsnt] authentication failed

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jan 8 17:29:10 GMT 2004

> I've created two new root repositories (using the CVS for NT
> control panel
> applet), called "/test" and "/trevezel".
>
> The strange thing is that I can only access the one called
> "/test". If I try
> to access the other one I get an Authentication failed.

The repositories can have different settings.  Look for differences in the
config file in their respective CVSROOTs (specifically SystemAuth), and if
you're using READERS or WRITERS.

Also note that unless your credentials are different on the server than what
you logged in with locally, you don't need to include "username@" in the
cvsroot (-d) parameter.

Glen Starrett