[cvsnt] Permission Problems

Mathew Plattz plattze at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:03:57 GMT 2004

Hi, I'm having some problems with Authentication and Permissions on cvsnt.

CVSNT is version 2.0.14, and on Windows 2000 Server.

I want the repository interlinked via the Windows Domain Authentication (and
NTFS folder permissions)  I have done a default install of cvsnt and added
the repositories.    I want my security on the repositories to be determined
by the NTFS security permissions on the folders on the repository.

At the moment, it's HALF works!

The user authentication is working fine!  They are being validated through
the domain!  I have tested this by logging in with my username, and wrong
passwords it rejects me.  If I log in with correct details it logs in fine.

The problem I have is linking the usernames people are logging in with (same
as there domain login), to the NTFS permissions I want to set on the Folders
themselves.

At the moment, I (anyone infact.) am able to log into the repository, ASLONG
as "Everyone" is given at least read access.  However, if I delete
"everyone", and specifically add my domain login to be the only person with
read access, I get Access Denied with WinCVS.  WinCVS is using SSPI to log
in too btw.

What am I doing wrong?

I am a domain administrator.