[cvsnt] Re: authorization failed... rejected access...

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 17:05:12 BST 2004

Ann Lynnworth wrote:

> I stopped the service then ran cvsservice -test.  That gives some more
> info on the client side (tortoise cvs):
>
> Fatal error, aborting.
> cvs [checkout aborted]: CVSRECSTORE: Switch to user failed due to
> configuration error.  Contact your System Administrator.

What version of CVSNT are you trying to install / run?  If it isn't the
most recent stable version then do try that.  There was some trouble
awhile ago with the LSA helper app, this post has the same error message
but a different manifestation (e.g. your server isn't forcing a reboot,
but it also isn't Win2K):

http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-February/010499.html

> Only problem is, I'm the System Administrator and I have no idea ! <g>
>
> The cvsservice is installed and running under LocalSystem.  It gives
> this feedback when started with -test:
>
> Impersonation is enabled
> Starting auth server ...
> CVS initialized successfully.
>
> I wasn't sure what to do with the -t -t -t idea.

On the client side, when you try to do a CVS command, use that as the
parameters.  Might be moot at this point, but here's an example:

    cvs -t -t -t -d :pserver:me at myserver:/test login

--
Glen Starrett