[cvsnt] Re: repository name problem in CVSNT 2.0.45

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 11:42:56 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:

> Hi, I upgraded to cvsnt 2.0.45. I create user and i did create my
> repository with name "test" at location "E:\cvs-main\test".

OK, so which is the CVSROOT string you use on the client? If I interpret
the above correctly it should now be something like:

:sspi:servername:/test

 > Now after
> successfully logged-in,

Just BTW: Are you connecting across domains, e.g. over the internet, or
are you using the :pserver: protocol? If both answers are No, there's no
need to Login. Those are pretty much the only two situations where that
command is used.

 > I issue the command:
>
> D:\working>cvs ls -R
>
> it responds back like below:
>
> Listing modules on server cvs server: cannot open directory
> E:/cvs-main/test/test: No such file or directory cvs server: skipping
> directory

That's one /test too many if I understood correctly, isn't it? Check
your CVSROOT on both client and server. The path component used in the
CVSROOT string on the clients should be written exactly as the value in
the Name column on the Repositories tab of the CVSNT control panel
applet (even though I just noticed by testing that it's rather hard to
check as the values keep disappearing... see below).

> Why it says so? It didn't happen when I was using version 2.0.4 of
> CVSNT. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The CVSROOT path handling has changed a bit since then as you have
probably noticed. The Repository prefix feature has been replaced with a
full-fledged alias. There are still some glitches in the control panel
for setting this up, although according to the bug tracker they're
supposed to be fixed for 2.0.46. This might be a symptom of such a glitch.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org