[cvsnt] Re: repository name problem in CVSNT 2.0.45

Raheel softwarengineeer at gawab.com
Thu Jun 24 12:01:51 BST 2004

hi Oliver,
one by one, all questions answered below:

my CVSROOT at client-side is:   CVSROOT =
:pserver:cvsuser at my_ip_address:/test

Yes, I am connecting across domains (via internet) and I am using pserver
protocol. Though, I did create user at cvs server thru your trick. I set
cvsroot to ":sspi:localhost:/test" at server and create my user by passwd
command. Then I successfully logged-in by using above mentioned CVSROOT from
client.

I have specified "/test" in the name column and "E:/cvs-main/test" in the
location/root column. It did initialize it too.

> The CVSROOT path handling has changed a bit since then as you have
What is the change in CVSROOT now? I think its just a matter of specifying
cvsroot in this new version otherwise it is same. Correct me ..!!  One more
thing ... I didn't create the folder test in "E:/cvs-main", when I specify
E:/cvs-main/test in location textbox, it asks me to create it, i said "yes"
and it creates and initializes it successfully. Didn't figure out whats the
problem now??