[cvsnt] CVS on VMS vs CVSNT

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed May 5 20:12:56 BST 2004

I need to use CVS on our VMS Alpha box (running OpenVMS 7.2-1), but I cannot get
recent CVS distributions to build clean, so I am using a fairly old binary:

> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.8.86 (client)

Obviously I have to use pserver and I have confirmed that the CVSROOT that I am
using works fine (from Cygwin if it matters).  I can correctly login to the
repository, but if I try and /do/ anything, e.g.

> cvs co -c

I get the following error:

> cvs [checkout aborted]: request `Repository' not supported by server

Anyone recognize this?  Ideas???

John