[cvsnt] Current best version... [Was CVSNT & File Permissions]

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Thu Nov 18 14:15:41 GMT 2004

One thing I would like to add on this, as I'm one of those not quite willing
to upgrade just yet :-), is that TortoiseCVS is currently shipping 51d and
not 58d.

Since we make extensive use of cvs acl's and those changed between these
versions, we are sticking to pre 58d.

I've always thought that the 'noise' level about a release on this list was
a very good indicator as to how safe a new version has been :-)  The noise
about 58d has been going down steadily lately, so I'm hoping that the issues
with that release have been worked through.

But I'm not considering upgrading until TortoiseCVS updates, so I have a
consistent chacl command.  I'm afraid most of my users get pale when I
mention the command line, so I'm dependent on TortoiseCVS (as I suspect many
are) and not necessarily where CVSNT is at.

Fortunately, my main cvs server (2.0.41a) is rock solid, and my hot spare
(2.0.51b) is too, so I don't have any pressing need to upgrade.

Thanks,

John Cole