[cvsnt] Re: Synchronizing two CVS servers

mada no.spam at no.spam.org
Tue Nov 30 22:10:02 GMT 2004

"Czarnowski, Aric" <aczarnowski at unimax.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2782.1101849358.21094.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...

> They are not.  All Office formats are binary by default.  I am sure that
> is why you were smiling when you wrote that.

Sort of... I was smilling because I consider HTML a great way to produce
formatted text++ output, not easily editable, though. Seems now I'll have to
prove that in practice :)

> You will want to add Office extensions to your cvswrappers file now
> before you forget.

Hmmm... I'll have to do some googling on that, first time I hear it.

<rant>

> My company is full of people that continue to use MS-Word for simple
> design docs, white papers and other internal notes.  The reason they
> always give is "it does table of contents automatically."  *sigh*  It
> also screws up bulleted lists and fonts to the point where I can write
> my own TOC in HTML by hand faster if it is really needed.  Most times it
> is not.

I'm not that kind of person :) I use (and have been using, for a couple of
decades now) computers because I like computers, not because I want to make
my life difficult! Besides, automatic creation of TOCs may be a useful
feature, but only, in my humble opinion, for texts of 100 pages plus.
Otherwise, for a not-so-long-a-text of a reasonable amount of sections,
well, I myself can do table of contents automatically, too :) :)))))

</rant>

> Personally, I wish people would spend half the time they currently spend
> on formatting and use it to concetrate on content.

I totally agree with that! And because I consider content a valuable thing,
is why I want to use cvs, cvsnt, etc.

Thanx for your reply

> Aric

George