[cvsnt] Re: release option of commit command

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Sep 2 21:39:47 BST 2004

Bo,

> It is *absolutely not* the case that a new file gets the revision higher
> than the highest revision of an existing file! Where did you get that
> from?

I don't know where the original poster got it from, but you could also read
about it here:

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/Assigning-revisions.html

"When adding a new file, the second number will always be one and the first
number will equal the highest first number of any file in that directory.
For example, the current directory contains files whose highest numbered
revisions are 1.7, 3.1, and 4.12, then an added file will be given the
numeric revision 4.1. "

Also see my reply to you from earlier today.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org