[cvsnt] Re: Global option -F works

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Fri Sep 3 00:38:35 BST 2004

Tony,

> You can't do that really... once the option parsing is started you
> can't add new options in the middle of it and expect it to work...
> it would require parsing the whole thing over again.

That's what I was trying to say (suggest) actually ;)

> The -F can go anywhere, so you don't have to do any parsing -
> It's only designed for filename arguments, to get around the stupid
> limits that Win32 has.

Actually I think the limit is not only on Win32, but that's not the issue
here...

Anyhow, from the quick testing it seems that I can safey plant the -F option
at the front and then continue the command as usual with all global options
so I am all set and thanks for clarifying that. I would not have guessed I
can order it like that (need more coffeine ;)

Best Regards,
Jerzy