[cvsnt] Re: Installation problems with 1927

Dennis Forcier dforcier at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 22 17:02:27 BST 2005

Hi Bo,

>Which installer do you use? The MSI one on the main site or the
>InnoSetup one maintained by me?

MSI.  Didn't know there are two.

>>* Repository initialization ran okay.
>
> Did you use the control panel applet?

  Yes.  The first time (when the init error occured) the repository
seemed to be made known to the server okay, but I couldn't confirm that
for sure.

  Who needs to acknowledge that there's a bug when installing the MSI
version to a drive other than C:?

> Huh? If you rename the services ... THe installer puts a service named CVSNT on the PC

  The service name is not "CVSNT", but "CVSNT 2.5.01.1927 Dispatch
service" and "CVSNT 2.5.01.1927 locking service".  When I rename I drop
the version string, and the Control Panel has no problem manipulating
it.  If for some reason you need the version string in the service
name, please place it last.

DMF