[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2057

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 16 00:12:14 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I am comparing the script against the one Tony abandoned and I have
> been trying to maintain meanwhile. One item I found now is that you
> have placed the MFC dll:s into {sys} instead of {app}.
> I thought that they were once put into {app} for a reason (not to
> clobber the target system with files outside the CVSNT dir.
> Is this move necessary?

It's against the rules to put shared libraries (or very much at all in
fact) in {sys}.  All files should go in {app} where possible.  This is
to avoid upgraded libraries breaking existing installations.

The exceptions from the msi installer are:

secur32.dll for win9x installs - this is a microsoft system DLL
anyway... make sure it's version checked.
setuid.dll - because you can't run it from anywhere else (it loads at
system startup).

Both of these have no other dependencies except the standard system dlls.