[cvsnt] Sorry. Rookie question. Can the group file in CVSROOT bechecked out?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Aug 31 16:34:47 BST 2005

You are not supposed to ever look in the repsoitory directories for
files. All file operations should be done by a checkout to a local directory
followed by the edits you want to do and finally a commit to the server.
What happens in the repository is the sole domain of the CVS server.

That said, ALL files in the repository except inside the CVSROOT control
directory are supposed to *always* have a name ending of ,v that simply
shows that the files are part of the repository database. The files are
formatted to become RCS files and are managed by CVS.

Don't look there....

Bo