[cvsnt] Re: forcing a text file at "non-mergable"

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Dec 5 13:48:54 GMT 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> P.S.: You should by all means try to forget again about the -kx option
> that was mentioned here as quickly as possible unless you want to
> return to the dark medieval days of "real" exclusive locking.

Could you please expand a little on this (reasons, motivation, pros and
cons)? It seems to me that enforcing that a file can only be edited by one
at a time (i.e. avoiding that it accidentally be edited by someone who
forgot to use the -c option) could be helpful for files where this is a
real requirement.

Thanks,
Gerhard