[cvsnt] RE: user privileges for files / dirs / modules

RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com
Wed Feb 2 15:40:46 GMT 2005

> Christopher.Fouts at infineon.com wrote:
> > I'm hoping this is as simple as this. Though for some reason,
> > my $CVSROOT/CVSROOT files get reset whenever I submit something
> > in there, then I have to manually chmod. I have a taglogs and
> > a logtags file that change to r--r--r--. The logtags file is just
> > a script that logs tags into the taglogs file. Both are in the
> > checkoutlist file, also in ../CVSROOT.
> Hmmm... I seem to recall a discussion on this topic a few months back.
If
> memory serves, the permissions of the checked-out file will always be
set to
> the permissions that the original file had when it was first checked in.
> could be wrong, though. And if I'm right, I don't remember what the fix
was.
> Sorry to be so vague about this.
>
> --
> Jim Hyslop
> Senior Software Designer
> Leitch Technology International Inc. ( http://www.leitch.com )
> Columnist, C/C++ Users Journal ( http://www.cuj.com/experts )

Hmmm...

Is this the thread?
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-December/016478.html

I think that this boiled down to a CYGWIN issue (the thread looks like it
dies without resolution in pipermail).

Maybe it's this?
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-November/015950.html

This thread seemed to die as well with nothing conclusive.

I am experiencing the same problem as Christopher, and now that Jim has
said this, I am slogging through the archives trying to find the
reference.

Anyone else know?

Thanks.

ronb.