[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 29 15:05:04 BST 2005

Gill Ernst wrote:
 > It's working perfect with CVSNT 2.5.01 1902,
 >
 > But it is NOT working with 2.5.01 1998 !!!

The examples I gave were tested with 1998... that
code hasn't changed between 1902 and 1998 anyway..
it's fairly static.

 > I have set the following environment:
 >
 > C:\>set cvs
 > CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"
 >
 > This is what I get:
 >
 > C:\>cvs -d :ext:vcl134:/sw-aut ls
 > [80090308] The parameter is incorrect.
 > cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
 > cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
 > any)

:ext: is working.  It looks like there's something wrong with your SSPI
conection.

 > [80090308] The parameter is incorrect.

Not sure what that one is... never seen it in production.. it implies a
system call has failed but there's probably no easy way of finding out
which one.

Your two commands aren't exactly equivalent - :ext: always sends a
username, whether you specify one or not, so it's doing the equivalent of:

cvs -d :sspi:user at vsll123:/sw-aut ls