[cvsnt] Some Question about CVSNT 's permission mode.

timesking yinzehong-bbs at yahoo.com.cn
Sat May 28 06:49:59 BST 2005

I'd like to use CVSNT to do a resipository.
I download the Version 2.5.01.1969.
Because I want to use the passwd,admin files for auth with pserver.
1.I set it run as a  local windows user who has read & write only
permission with resipository.
2.Set a user "cvsadmin" in passwd, and add it to file "admin"
3.Set a common user "cvsuser1" in passwd.

now I found that cvsuser1 can check in new module.
cvsuser1 can do anything except admin power.

But I dislike a new user have any access without cvsadmin's permission.
Question:

1. Can I set a cvs permission mode for that any new user only has
nothing of permission or only has read permission? How to do it?
2. Can I set a new cvs user only can have write access to one module
with easy method?
3. I found if I set AclMode=normal in config file, I can't allow any one
has write access to a module , also a module's owner can't write in. why?

That's all. Thank for your solution.