[cvsnt] Re: Auditing plugin settings?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Oct 23 17:50:23 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Question 1:
> What is "Prefix" supposed to mean???

It adds a prefix to all the table names, so you can use a single
database with multiple uses (if for example you're running the server on
a machine you don't have the rights to create new databases on).

Of course you'd have to edit the script currently to make that work.

> Question 2:
> Since the auditing stores the diff and log message along with other
> data, will it not potentially grow the database a lot?

Personally I recommend switching the diff off (although it only stores
the diff to text files not binary so it's not as bad as all that..).

Log messages aren't large normally, and it takes a lot for the database
to get huge (the cvsnt.org database is 8mb and it's been running for a
while now).  Plus, since it's sql you can easily come up with a script
to prune it occasionally.