[cvsnt] Re: Auditing plugin settings?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 23 18:27:30 BST 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:50:23 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Question 1:
>> What is "Prefix" supposed to mean???
>
>It adds a prefix to all the table names, so you can use a single
>database with multiple uses (if for example you're running the server on
>a machine you don't have the rights to create new databases on).
>
>Of course you'd have to edit the script currently to make that work.

OK, I understand. Done to make the table names unique.

>Personally I recommend switching the diff off (although it only stores
>the diff to text files not binary so it's not as bad as all that..).

That is what you configure with the tag checkbox, right ;-)?
And tags get controlled by the diff checkbox, just to get the enmy off
track. ;-]

>Log messages aren't large normally, and it takes a lot for the database
>to get huge (the cvsnt.org database is 8mb and it's been running for a
>while now).  Plus, since it's sql you can easily come up with a script
>to prune it occasionally.

But used as an auditing tool as per the webpage
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/features/audit/
I guess one is not supposed to drop anything ever...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)