[cvsnt] Re: 2.5.03 build 2252 testing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 3 06:45:47 GMT 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:09:44 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> It is as it always was, I did not change this but from sometime like 6
>> months ago it did not show up in Control Panel so I just stopped
>> looking further assuming there was some problem with dotnet dll:s or
>> some such thing...
>
>You need:
>
>HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\CVSNT
>set to path of simcpl.cpl

Strange, the script already has this:
Root: HKLM; Subkey: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
Panel\Cpls; ValueType: string; ValueName: CVSNT; ValueData:
{app}\simcpl.cpl; Flags: uninsdeletevalue; Components: Server;
MinVersion: 0,5.0.2195

and yet, when I look in this registry location the value is not
there....

Even stranger:
I added the value manually and now there are *two* separate Control
panel icons both with the same name but different icons (the old and
new ones)

Then:
I again deleted the registry value and this causes the old icon to
disappear, but the new one remains.

>(also for NT4 support put the same in the MMCPL section of control.ini)

I removed that some time ago. NT4 does not really exist anymore...

>also
>
>HKLM\Software\CVS\PServer\InstallPath set to installation directory.

Always been there...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)