No subject

Sat Oct 7 01:09:32 BST 2006

<snip>

Now I change the configuration:
- I attach the workstation to a domain (via VPN)
- I log on to the domain account (same name & password)
- I have a recent CVSNT client
- I try to update my sandbox

This triggers the "cannot contact security authority" error and I
guess it is because of two reasons:
1) VPN is not connected so my domain controller is unavailable
2) The CVSNT server is still on the workgroup...

Solution:
I had to change the CVSROOT of my sandbox to :sspi:user at server:/repo
and then do a cvs login to save my credentials for the CVSNT server
account in my Domain/account registry hive.
But after this all operations on CVS work just fine!

<end snip>

I just wondered if you had pursued getting sspi to work over your VPN
without doing a CVS login and specifying your user name in the cvsroot
string?

TIA,
Rick