[cvsnt] Undo Commit?

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Fri Jun 15 14:50:45 BST 2007

Can not agree more with Bo ! Within last 5 years I did not use admin
commands for any other reason then the two mentioned below and would be
really, really unhappy if I could not do those two tasks.
May be, changing log message command can be user command allowed for the
author (and admin) ?
Best Regards to all,
JP

> There are a few items in admin that are handy at least for me:
>
> 1) Modifying the log message if it has been mistakenly copied
> from the previous commit in WinCvs. Happens now and then and
> is misleading in future reading of the logs.
>
> 2) When one stores binaries (like we do), the principle is
> that normally only tagged releases should be committed. But
> this tends to be forgotten and a large number of intermediate
> unusable binaries (exe file for instance) get committed. THis
> in turn leads to the RCS file growing to a very large size on
> the server, which then leads to the slowing down of cvs
> operations on that module.
> If you consider that, an admin command that simply cuts away
> a number of non-useful intermediate binaries is really handy
> to reduce the RCS file size.
>

> HTH
>
> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution.  Thank you.