[cvsnt] Sudden degrade in checkout performance

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 19 11:17:23 BST 2007

Ian,

Search the archive for perfroamce - this has been asked many times before.

You need to isolate the client or the server, then the disk then the network etc etc.

On the server enable "clients are allowed to trace server" - otherwise traces are meaningless.

If other clients are OK - most likely cause is a faulty disk driver (or faulty disk) on the linux box - fastest way to test that is to checkout to stdout (cvs co -p > /dev/null).

Also - upgrade your linux client to cvsnt 2.5.03 as well - 1.11 is just too old.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett