[cvsnt] co fails when using both -r and -D

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue May 29 20:42:14 BST 2007

Cory.Bestgen at courts.mo.gov wrote:

>> It works here (-r and -D together). I suspect that the tag after -r must
>> be a branch; otherwise the command wouldn't make much sense. (In any
>> case I've never tried it with a non-branch tag and a date.)

> Yes, it is a tag.

Hm... if you specify both a tag and a date, and the date of the tagged
revision is not the same as the specified date, what revision should be
returned?

OTOH, if it is guaranteed that the date of the tagged revision is always
the same as the specified date, why specify the date at all?

> Maybe it doesn't make much sense but it is how our continuous integration
> product is issuing the checkout. It would be nice if it could find some
> way to complete without giving the error.

To me, it looks like there is an error somewhere. Maybe in the
configuration of the tool, or in the tool itself. To me, it doesn't make
sense to specify a tag and a date. Either they contradict each other, or
one (usually the date) is not necessary. In any case this doesn't seem like
something that needs to be fixed on the cvsnt side but rather on the Hudson
side.

It looks to me as if this were something that can be configured in Hudson.

Gerhard