[cvsnt] CVS Watch

Thomas Jensen cbm_silverflame at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 09:12:58 GMT 2007

I managed to divert the email to an unused username
by hand editing the file attributes xml file.

But when I tried this trick in notify:

ALL F:/cvsbin/devnull.bat $USER $CVSROOT %s

Then the system stopped sending the emails... but only
after quite a while..

apparently it takes some time for changes in
this file to take effect?

the system then presented the cvs users with the
following message:

the system can not find the file specified...

I realized that this file was my devnull.bat ....

even though I called it in the same way as cvsmailer.
Here is the line it should have replaced in
the notify file:

DEFAULT C:/Programs/cvsmailer/CVSMailer.exe -n$CVSPID
$USER $CVSROOT %s

I had to reinsert this line to avoid the file not
found message.

The system continues to surprise me.

I think I will try to just avoid specifying anything
in the notify file and see if that solves it.

TIA Thomas

      Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV! Se her http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/lcd