[cvsnt] Upgrading from 2.0.58d to 2.5.03

Peter Raih Peter.Raih at verificationsinc.com
Tue Oct 16 19:02:58 BST 2007

I'm thinking about upgrading a CVSNT server from 2.0.58d to 2.5.03.

Googling... I only see references to upgrading from 2.0.X to 2.0.Y - but
I need to go 2.0.x to 2.5.y...

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Upgrading?highlight=%28upgrade%29%7C%28cvsnt%2
9%7C%28server%29

This is on a WIN2003 sp2 server.

I installed CVSNT on an XP box, copied over the repository, and it
_seems_ to work fine.

Certainly I will back up the repository before doing anything.

Are there any obvious gotchas I'm not seeing in my googling?

The main reason for this upgrade is to get Eclipse to be able to connect
via PSERVER - we use SSPI with WINCVS and this will help streamline our
production - as our IDE is mainly Eclipse.

I'm also having trouble finding the installer for the earlier version,
2.0.58d... in case I need to roll back...that shouldn't be a problem
because this is going to work perfectly, right?

Thanks for your help - Peter

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this email transmission (and any attachments accompanying it). The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this emailed information, except its direct delivery to the intended recipient named above, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately.