[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon May 12 17:32:01 BST 2008

Tuan wrote:
> Never mind.  I was able to resolve the problem.  I had my user name
> included in both the readers and writers file.  This prevented me from
> having write permission even though my name was included in the writers
> file. I found out CVSNT does this as a security precaution. CVSNT would
> rather be cautious and deny you write access then to grant you all
> access. Hope this information helps anybody else who wasn't aware of this.

FYI:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Read-only-access.html

Note the last line:  "Of course there is a conflict if the user is
listed in both files. This is resolved in the more conservative way, it
being better to protect the repository too much than too little: such a
user gets read-only access."

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/