[cvsnt] Problems upgrading to 2.5.04.3125

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Oct 4 09:33:01 BST 2008

Hello

I had some problems upgrading CVSNT 2.5.03.something to 2.5.04.3125; it's
working fine now, but I'd like to report them in case someone has a
similar problem.

Once the install finished and I had to restart the server, I noticed that
there was NO control panel icon for CVSNT, neither in the Windows control
panel nor in the menu item.
Executing `cvs version` on the client showed this error message
"audit_trigger database is version 1 but need version 3". I could find no
menction of this message in the manual, nor anywhere, so I guessed the
Control Panel should have an Upgrade button or something... I re-run the
installation, choosing "Repair", and after rebooting the server again, at
last I got the CVSNT Control Panel.
There was an "upgrade" button, but it didn't work (with a File not Found
error or similar). Looking in the install dir I found some sql files; I
opened the two related to my database (sqlite), I had to replace all
%PREFIX% occurences by (nothing), and after executing both sql scripts the
server worked fine.

--
Gabriel Genellina