[cvsnt-dev] CVSNT 2.5.04 - CVS version broken

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Oct 1 12:36:41 BST 2006

Andreas Tscharner wrote:

> Hello World,
>
> cvs -q update -d -P
> make distclean
> ./configure
> make
>
> server.cpp: In function 'char* check_system_password(const char*, const
> char*, void**)':
> server.cpp:5428: error: 'found_password' was not declared in this scope
>
> cat build.h
> #define CVSNT_PRODUCT_BUILD 2471
>
> gcc --version
>
> gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20060920 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-14)
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.
>
> I'm having this error since a couple of weeks, so I suppose, it has to
> do something with my system...

gcc 4.x is more pedantic about things, so it could be flagging something
that previously it was ignoring - I had to commit a change to the codebase
when I went from gcc 3.x to 4.x for such reasons.

If you can, try with gcc 4.1.1 (which has no problems back here compiling
build 2471).

Is there something wrong with the cvsnt code itself to do with
found_password? From the error message it looks like a scoping error.
Patches welcome.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever