[cvsnt] commit of -kB file gives error message in cvsdelta.cpp

Emma Forrester emma.forrester at thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 16 17:04:39 GMT 2008

I'm using Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server) on a linux server. I am trying to commit a changed .tmf
file from a windows based client and get the following error message:

cvs commit -m "update from user" -- High0.tmf (in directory <local
sandbox path>)
Checking in High0.tmf;
<repository path>/High0.tmf,v  <--  High0.tmf
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `cvs: cvsdelta.cpp:411: bool
cvsdelta::diff(const ByteArray&, const ByteArray&, ByteArray&):
Assertion
`((c1->base-matched_minus)-&data_buffer[0])<data_buffer.size()' failed.'
from cvs server
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

 From my searching of this mailing list I can only find one mention of a
similar problem under the heading "[cvsnt] bug: -kB binary delta with
branch cause error" and you can read it here:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-August/026635.html

Does anyone have any advice about resolving or working around this error?

Regards,
Emma